-----2021-04-12: COMPARISONS: Conowingo-Creek and Fishing-Creek are near Muddy-Run(PPL-Lake)
-----2021 first stocking of Middletown Reservoir (Dauphin County):
- Caught 3 (possibly 4), deep with Weaver Grabber.
- The guy next to me cast way out in front of me. He caught about 15 while I was there.
No one else there caught noticibly any more than myself.
- He used 1/4 oz Kastmaster silver and half bright yellow.
- And he WAS NOT letting the lure sink before realing normal pace (not very slow).
- Ice Fishing Trout - Worms better than Power Bait
- PA Opening Day for Trout for whole state this year is April 18th.
- YEAR-ROUND FISHING - Some trout waters managed under special regulations are open to year-round fishing. For instance, the PFBC's Keystone Select Stocked Trout Waters are managed under Artificial Lures Only and Catch-and-Release regulations and feature high concentrations of trophy-sized trout. You can also fish for other species like bass, panfish, or catfish at a creek or lake that is not stocked with trout. There are lots of great options out there! Check out the PFBC's online list of Pennsylvania's Best Fishing Waters by navigating to www.fishandboat.com
-----2019(probably): Opening Morning
- Muddy Run.
- Squeezed in and bothered 'Bob' a bit. :-( sorry.
- Caught them like crazy. About 5 in a half hour. Fished deep. Likely used the Weaver Grabber.
- And Bob (not really mad then) netted my 23 inch perfect rainbow.
- Bob goes often (weekends). Seen him at Muddy Run several times since.
- Bob also lives in Lancaster near country club.
- Bob informed me that when weather gets hotter, the trout move to deep water, by dam.
Click Here for Middletown Reservoir Map
2010 Stocking Schedule
4 Common Trout Types
-----May/15/2011 Sun 12:39 Wampus Pavilion, Quebec Canada - Dad just told me on the phone, this is where he went.
"The most popular lures for both species are small spinners. Upstream fishing is the best
method to choose, as the fish has the chance to see the “food” coming towards it, but in
a brisk flow it can be difficult to keep a spinner working well."
"In these circumstances a small sinking minnow may work better. A floating lure can be
“trotted down” and the retrieve started just before the place where you believe the trout
"Brown trout are rather nervy, so fish nice and discretely. They will if in the right mood take
fairly large lures, whereas rainbows prefer small baits. Rainbows love bright colours-
Reds-Oranges and Fluorescents, whereas browns seem to go for silvers-yellows and